Welcome to Garleton Lodge
The Perfect Choice for Your Stay or Event in East Lothian
We welcome you to Garleton Lodge, our luxury B&B/small hotel and home in the Heart of East Lothian. From our hilltop position offering spectacular 360-degree panoramic views, we offer our guests a choice of eight en-suite rooms (four double/twin, two one-bedroom suites and our recently completed two-bedroom cottage suite – The Bothy) with full facilities including lounge with fully stocked bar, restaurant, BBQ hut, spa/treatment room, hot tub, relaxation room and golf facilities including club storage, drying room, practice bunker and putting green.
Situated less than 30 minutes from Edinburgh City Centre & Airport, Garleton Lodge offers a great location for your weekend getaway or longer stay. We provide an ideal base for golf parties playing the numerous courses on Scotland’s Golf Coast as well as a unique venue for your corporate event, private party or special celebration.
Garleton Lodge holds Visit Scotland 5-star accreditation and our restaurant has also been awarded a Visit Scotland Taste Our Best Award in 2017, 2018 & 2019. Voted as the TripAdvisor No.1 Best Value Place to Stay in East Lothian and awarded a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in both 2018 & 2019 and a Traveller’s Choice Award in 2020, we have also been awarded a MUST Stay and FEATURED MUST by Must Visit Scotland and showcased by The Scotsman in their Travel Guide 2018 branded Spirited Hospitality.
We have our Visit Scotland ‘Good To Go’ accreditation in place – the national industry standard for tourism post lockdown – and were showcased by Visit Scotland as one of their Get Tourism Ready Case Studies.
New for 2020
The latest addition to our guest facilities is our spa/treatment room – Charlie’s @ Garleton Lodge – offering our guests and non-residents bespoke spa treatments alongside our hot tub and relaxation room with spectacular panoramic views across Edinburgh, the Forth and surrounding East Lothian countryside; check out our Facebook page (@charliesatgarletonlodge) and also our Spa Treatment Menu with a range of treatments available to both guests and non-residents.
And Now …
We are delighted to now be working in partnership with Coast Kitchens to launch our Cookery School (Garleton Lodge Cookery School @ Coast) as a ‘pop-up’ utilising their fully fitted kitchen showroom nearby.
Initially, we will be offering classes on a local basis only but as soon as can fully open we expect to move to a residential basis with guests staying at Garleton Lodge.
Check out our Facebook page (@GarletonLodgeCookerySchoolatCoast) further updates.
We look forward to welcoming you to Garleton Lodge!
Angela & David Cockerton
COVID-19: Our ‘Commitment to Guests’ …
UPDATED: 21 October 2020
Most importantly, we want to assure you that we will continue to offer you our best service as we continue to do everything we can to make your stay with us comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable.
We fully understand that we now live in a different world, and our guests will want to know that we are doing everything we can to reduce the risk from COVID-19.
Before we reopened in July, the Scottish Government issued a set of guidelines for tourism and hospitality and Visit Scotland supported this with their Get Tourism Ready framework including checklists for businesses. This guidance is now supported by a new national self-certification scheme “Good to Go” developed by Visit Scotland in partnership with Visit Britain which is all about giving guests reassurance that we have taken all the steps necessary to deliver a safe environment.
Our “Good to Go” accreditation remains in place and our hotel, restaurant, spa and hot tub are all still open following the introduction of further restrictions on hospitality in Scotland.
Just three things to highlight from the latest restrictions which remain in place until Monday, 2 November:
- Bookings – we cannot accept any room bookings where the guests sharing the room are from more than one household (or extended household)
- Restaurant – our restaurant is open to hotel residents only for the service of food and non-alcoholic drinks only and must close at 10pm
- Alcohol – we can only serve alcoholic drinks in your room as part of room service or using our in-room mini-bars. Our bar is closed and we cannot serve alcoholic drinks in our restaurant or in the hot tub. Alcohol brought in by guests is also not permitted.
Lastly, we remain open for bookings and reservations – both for 2020 and 2021!
And so …
Booking & Re-opening …
Check out our offers and packages!
As Government guidance will be continually revised, we have introduced flexible terms for bookings made directly with us. These will allow you to modify your reservation (subject to availability) up to 7 days before your arrival date. Booking “direct” will also offer our best rates.
Reservations made on other booking platforms will be subject to their general conditions.
Should a further Government lockdown mean that it is not possible for us to be open at the time of your reservation then we will happily reschedule your stay with us or, on request, we will honour full cancellation of your booking.
What to expect while staying with us …
We have developed our own Garleton Lodge app which guests can download onto their mobile or tablet to use both in advance of, and throughout, their stay. It includes details of our facilities and things to do locally, as well as full COVID-19 information including what guests should expect when staying with us and the guidelines we’re requesting guests to adhere to. We will send you a link to our app with your final booking confirmation.
Although we have always considered hygiene and cleanliness to be of the upmost importance, as you would expect, we have made changes to some of our daily practices and services offered to minimize the risk of contracting and spreading this virus. All of these changes will be reviewed on a regular basis and subject to change in accordance with Government advice:
- Check In/Out – as far as possible, this will be undertaken following social distancing guidelines. A hand sanitizing station is available at reception and should be used before and after guest registration and check out has been completed.
- Guest Information – we now have all our guest information including menus, wine lists etc in digital format so that guests can access this both prior to and during their stay with us.
- Restaurant – our restaurant will be open as normal (apart from the sale of alcohol) but subject to social distancing. Breakfast will be at table service only i.e. no breakfast buffet but will offer all usual choices.
- Bar – our bar is currently closed (until 2 November 2020) in line with current Government restrictions
- Hot Tub – our hot tub with spectacular views across Edinburgh, the Forth and surrounding East Lothian countryside is open but alcoholic drinks cannot be consumed while using the hot tub (until 2 November 2020) in line with current Government restrictions. Our large hot tub is available to all guests but we can arrange private use of the hot tub for you during your stay. When we are busy and there is a lot of demand we operate a booking system. We normally do this on the day as guests plans often change – as does the weather!
- Spa – our spa (Charlie’s @ Garleton Lodge) remains open. Check out our Spa Treatment Menu with a range of treatments available to both guests and non-residents.
- Housekeeping – unfortunately, for multiple night stays we will be unable to undertake our usual daily servicing of your room. However anything you need will be available on request.
What we ask of you …
Just a few requests:
- Social Distancing – we ask our guests to respect social distancing guidelines at all times including the ‘Rule of Six’ whereby any gathering (indoors or outdoors) should be a maximum of six from two households.
- Hygiene – a hand sanitizing station is available in reception and we ask that all guests use it on entering and leaving the premises. We also request that guests use this facility when entering and leaving the restaurant.
- Update Us – please keep us informed with any relevant information and, in particular, if you feel unwell, whether showing COVID-19 symptoms or not, and if advised by a Government Test & Protect/Test & Trace scheme that you should self-isolate.
In each case, we must ask you to leave immediately with all services payable on departure.
Unfortunately, it will not be possible for any guest to stay with us while self-isolating.
For the benefit and protection of others, any guest who fails to comply with Government guidelines and directives will be asked to leave immediately. Full billing for their stay will remain applicable.
We thank you for your understanding and your consideration and look forward to welcoming all guests to our hotel, restaurant and spa and, most importantly, we thank you for your continued support.
We wish you all good health during this difficult time – keep well and stay safe!
David & Angela
Bespoke Spa Treatments with Spectacular Views
Relax in a Peaceful Countryside Setting
Charlie’s @ Garleton Lodge is open to both guests and non-residents offering a range of bespoke spa treatments alongside our hot tub and relaxation room with spectacular panoramic views.
Check our Spa Treatment Menu with a range of treatments – or why not try one of our Day Spa Packages which offer full use of facilities together with a light lunch or afternoon tea with Prosecco!
Our Cookery School
Cooking Classes, Demonstrations & Chef’s Table
Our latest project offering Cooking Classes, Demonstrations and a Chef’s Table open to both guests and non-residents.
While our long term plan remains to house the Cookery School at Garleton Lodge, we have launched our ‘pop up’ at Coast Kitchen’s showroom nearby at Newcraighall.
Full class lists will be posted here and on our Cookery School Facebook page (@GarletonLodgeCookerySchoolatCoast)
Corporate Events & Family Gatherings
Superb Facilities with Spectacular Views
A Unique Location for Your Corporate Event or Special Occasion
Looking for somewhere to host a private party, corporate event or special celebration? We offer custom packages including accommodation, catering and full use of our facilities to provide the perfect venue for every occasion.
Contact us to discuss your requirements.
Located in the Heart of Scotland’s Golf Coast
An Ideal Base for Your Golf Tour
With 21 golf courses, Scotland’s Golf Coast offers an unparalleled destination for the golfer. All courses are within 20 minutes, making Garleton Lodge not only a perfect base but a superb location for you to unwind and relax after your round in our comfortable lounge (with fully stocked whisky and gin bar) and restaurant. Alternatively, you can make use of our golf practice facilities including putting green and bunker.
We welcome golfing parties – our loft suites are ideal for larger groups. As part of our golf packages, we offer a golf course shuttle service, club storage and drying facilities as well as special rates with local courses.
Why not book one of our Scotland’s Golf Coast Package offers: our Golf Coast Package offers three nights B&B at Garleton Lodge together with four rounds of golf at Gullane No.2, Dunbar, Kilspindie and Longniddry or our Links Lover Package which also includes three nights B&B at Garleton Lodge together with four rounds of golf at The Glen, Craigielaw, Kilspindie and Gullane No.2.
More than par for the course!
How To find Us
Located in the Heart of East Lothian – We Are Easily Accessible
Just 30 minutes from both Edinburgh City Centre & Airport, less than 5 minutes off the A1 and 10 minutes from the local railway station (Longniddry), we are easily accessible to our guests. Check the location map below and please use our co-ordinates 55°58’18.0″N 2°48’59.9″W not postcode when using your SatNav.
Airport Transfers Available On Request