COVID-19 - Our ‘Commitment to Guests’
Most importantly, we want to assure you that we will continue to offer you our best service as we continue to do everything we can to make your stay with us comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable.
We fully understand that we now live in a different world, and our guests will want to know that we are doing everything we can to reduce the risk from COVID-19.
Before we reopened following lockdown in Spring/Summer 2020, the Scottish Government issued a set of guidelines for tourism and hospitality and Visit Scotland supported this with their Get Tourism Ready framework including checklists for businesses. This guidance is now supported by a national self-certification scheme “Good to Go” developed by Visit Scotland in partnership with Visit Britain which is all about giving guests reassurance that we have taken all the steps necessary to deliver a safe environment.
Our “Good to Go” accreditation means that our hotel, restaurant, spa and hot tub have generally remained open although we must operate in line with ongoing restrictions on hospitality in Scotland. This means that from 26 December 2020 through until 16 January 2021 all of our facilities are temporarily closed.
We remain open for bookings & reservations – and for the sale of Gift Vouchers – so why not book something to look forward to in 2021!
David & Angela
And so …
Booking with Confidence
Check out our offers and packages!
As Government guidance will be continually revised, we have introduced flexible terms for bookings made directly with us. These will allow you to modify your reservation (subject to availability) up to 7 days before your arrival date. Booking “direct” will also offer our best rates.
Reservations made on other booking platforms will be subject to their general conditions.
Should a further Government lockdown mean that it is not possible for us to be open at the time of your reservation then we will happily reschedule your stay with us.
What to expect while staying with us …
We have developed our own Garleton Lodge app which guests can download onto their mobile or tablet to use both in advance of, and throughout, their stay. It includes details of our facilities and things to do locally, as well as full COVID-19 information including what guests should expect when staying with us and the guidelines we’re requesting guests to adhere to. We will send you a link to our app with your final booking confirmation.
Although we have always considered hygiene and cleanliness to be of the upmost importance, as you would expect, we have made changes to some of our daily practices and services offered to minimize the risk of contracting and spreading this virus. All of these changes will be reviewed on a regular basis and subject to change in accordance with Government advice:
- Check In/Out – as far as possible, this will be undertaken following social distancing guidelines. A hand sanitizing station is available at reception and should be used before and after guest registration and check out has been completed.
- Guest Information – we now have all our guest information including menus, wine lists etc in digital format so that guests can access this both prior to and during their stay with us.
- Restaurant – our restaurant is currently closed in line with current Government restrictions.
- Bar – our bar is currently closed in line with current Government restrictions.
- Hot Tub – our hot tub is currently closed in line with current Government restrictions.
- Spa – our spa (Charlie’s @ Garleton Lodge) is currently closed in line with current Government restrictions.
- Housekeeping – unfortunately, for multiple night stays we will be unable to undertake our usual daily servicing of your room. However anything you need will be available on request.
What we ask of you …
Just a few requests:
- Social Distancing – we ask our guests to respect social distancing guidelines at all times including the ‘Rule of Six’ whereby any gathering (indoors or outdoors) should be a maximum of six from two households.
- Hygiene – a hand sanitizing station is available in reception and we ask that all guests use it on entering and leaving the premises. We also request that guests use this facility when entering and leaving the restaurant.
- Update Us – please keep us informed with any relevant information and, in particular, if you feel unwell, whether showing COVID-19 symptoms or not, and if advised by a Government Test & Protect/Test & Trace scheme that you should self-isolate.
In each case, we must ask you to leave immediately with all services payable on departure.
Unfortunately, it will not be possible for any guest to stay with us while self-isolating.
For the benefit and protection of others, any guest who fails to comply with Government guidelines and directives will be asked to leave immediately. Full billing for their stay will remain applicable.
We thank you for your understanding and your consideration and look forward to welcoming all guests to our hotel, restaurant and spa and, most importantly, we thank you for your continued support.
We wish you all good health during this difficult time – keep well and stay safe!
David & Angela